Friday, December 7, 2012

When Dreams Speak

In the night I was restless though very much overtired.  Having just read a portion of a book in which one of the principle figures had asked the Lord for a Word of guidance in a dream, I thought I would ask the same of the Lord.  Why not?  I thought perhaps, if nothing else, seeking the Lord would be a good thing even if my history with such activities often causes me to lose more sleep.  It occurred to me that even good things can become idols and since this thought came to me I thought it best to not worry about it either way.

The Lord granted me the following dream:

It was in the middle of my living-room where I was standing near the Christmas-tree and among our many decorations.  The room was only illuminated by the light from the tree and some lights we hung around our Crucifix and some icons on our wall.  In this partial light I was able to make out the figure of a strange unidentifiable creature watching me from the corner of the room.  At once I was terrified by this thing as I knew it was not a common animal.  I began looking around the room for something to protect myself with and my mind raced and I could find nothing.  This creature then darted at me and made a hissing sound as it flew by my head.  I ducked and caught sight of it briefly and realized that it was dangerous.  Immediately my concern went to my children and wife sleeping upstairs.  I thought, seemingly aloud, "what if this thing makes it up the stairs?"  I then prayed to God to help me.

It was then I realized that I had been holding a sword in my hand all along.  This sword was decorated and beautiful with ornate carvings of angelic figures along the blade and around the hilt.  I had looked around previously for something else with which I could defend myself but found nothing.  Now with this in my hand I realized that this thing might leave on it's own if I opened the door.  I hoped that by simply opening the door it would see an escape and leave.  It didn't leave but went across the room further away from the door.  This thing didn't want to go anywhere but after me.

It made several more attacks at me which I evaded.  The thing made shrieks as it passed.  It was at this point the Lord said to me, "This will not leave on it's own and this thing must be killed."  I held up the sword to my side in hopes of getting a good swing at it.  I caught sight of it and moved the sword slightly and realized I had inflicted a severe wound along it's side.  This caused the demon to become even more ferocious and it made another pass and this time I took one swing and sliced it down the middle, completely in halves.  I knew it was dead.
I then looked for it and it was gone.  There was no trace of the thing and all.  I could feel a great deal of peace.  All was then quiet.

It was clear to me that after this dream this was a message to me from the Lord and possibly to you if you're reading this page.  What I believe the Lord is wanting to tell me is that I do have real and legitimate enemies of a spiritual nature.  Though I am sinful in countless ways~ many of which I'm sure I'm blind to as well as the ways I am aware~  The Lord wants me to understand that people aren't enemies.  People need to be protected.  My house needs to be protected~ My community needs to be protected but not primarily in a temporal sense.  The Lord has called on me to ask of Him for the protection (ultimately the salvation) of many souls.  And has asked me to inform others that they too are called to offer themselves for the salvation of souls.  The Lord directed me to the verse in Scripture that I had to Google to locate regarding, "Our struggle is not against flesh and blood...."  I looked it up.  Here it is:



Ephesians 6:10-19

10 Finally, grow strong in the Lord, with the strength of his power.

11 Put on the full armor of God so as to be able to resist the devil's tactics.

12 For it is not against human enemies that we have to struggle, but against the principalities and the ruling forces who are masters of the darkness in this world, the spirits of evil in the heavens.

13 That is why you must take up all God's armor, or you will not be able to put up any resistance on the evil day, or stand your ground even though you exert yourselves to the full.

14 So stand your ground, with truth a belt round your waist, and uprightness a breastplate,

15 wearing for shoes on your feet the eagerness to spread the gospel of peace

16 and always carrying the shield of faith so that you can use it to quench the burning arrows of the Evil One.

17 And then you must take salvation as your helmet and the sword of the Spirit, that is, the word of God.

18 In all your prayer and entreaty keep praying in the Spirit on every possible occasion. Never get tired of staying awake to pray for all God's holy people,

19 and pray for me to be given an opportunity to open my mouth and fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.



Let me know if this has spoken to you in any way. May the Lord be praised forever!

No comments: